Navy, white or red polo shirts (with a collar) can be purchased from any retailer (Target, Walmart, Old Navy, etc.) and then taken to any embroidery business to have the SJS lettering or SJS crest embroidered on them. Some of the local embroidery shops are Stitches, Exact Image, Initial Impressions and the Shirt Shop. Land’s End (online retailer) has our school logos on file and can embroider shirts at the time you purchase them if you choose. Any sweatshirts, cardigan sweaters, vests or jackets to be worn at school must have the school logo on them as well.
Pre-made polo shirts are sold at the MCS Spirit Store located at the Foundation Office at 300 Edith Street
SJS requires that all students comply with the official Uniform Code of Dress for every school day. However, on certain school dress up days (spirit week / fun days / dances) students will be allowed to dress accordingly for that event.
SJS DAILY UNIFORM CODE OF DRESS
- Students will be fully clothed in neat, clean, and modest attire.
- Plain Khaki or Navy dress pants slacks.
- Plain Khaki or Navy dress shorts / skirts / jumpers** are acceptable, but must be at a hem length no higher than just above the knee (skirts) and at the mid-thigh or longer (shorts).
- Shorts cannot be worn from November 1st to March 1st of each year.
- Athletic type shorts or sweat pants are not allowed with the exception of PE class.
- Jeans are not allowed of any color.
- Official uniform collared polo shirt that is normal fitting (red, navy, or white).
- Under shirts / tights / leggings must be official uniform color (red, navy, or white) and may not stick out below uniform shirt.
- NO JACKETS or SWEATSHIRTS are allowed in the classroom.
- Clothing will fully cover undergarments.
- Clothing will be free from tears, holes and frayed edges. Further, clothing will not be excessively tight, worn, patched, or bizarre in design.
- No hair styles that detract from or disturb the learning environment.
- Drawing on oneself (i.e. body art or note taking) is not permitted.
- Sunglasses, headphones, or earplugs are never allowed.
- Hats, caps, and scarves are not allowed inside school facilities.
- Closed toe shoes required (no open toed shoes including flip-flops, sandals or slippers will be allowed).
- Girls or Boys may wear earrings that are not distractible to themselves, their peers, or their teachers.
**Plaid jumpers are available from Land’s End and must be the “Classic Navy Large Plaid”. This option will be reviewed for the 2018-2019 school year.
LSH requires, on certain occasions that students comply with the official Code of Dress. All students will wear the Code of Dress on days of liturgy, competition, and at anytime when students are official representatives of their school.
- Khaki pants (no shorts, capris, or skirts)
- A red, white, or navy blue school uniform shirt that is normal fitting. All shirts worn under the uniform shirt must be either red, white or blue.
- Jackets that are LSH spirit gear are allowed to be worn as part of the uniform code of dress on mass and activity days.
- Students will be fully clothed in neat, clean, and modest attire (no low scooping shirts).
- Clothing will fully cover undergarments.
- Clothing will be free from excessive tears, holes and frayed edges.
- Clothing will not be excessively tight, worn, patched, or bizarre in design.
- Clothing will be free from any reference to illegal substances, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- Clothing will be free from any reference to violence, sexual themes, gang identification, or anti-Christian themes and will not conflict with the mission or image of Missoula Catholic Schools.
- At the discretion of the building administrator, shorts with a hem length at mid-thigh or longer may be worn.
- Athletic type shorts are never allowed.
- Females may wear skirts or dresses with a length to mid-thigh or longer.
- Shirts will have sleeves extending to the shoulder.
- Hospital, military, spandex, yoga, warm-up, tear-aways, and sweats pants are never allowed.
- Undershirts, tank tops, halter-tops, bare midriffs, and backless apparel are never allowed. Shoulder strap must be 3 fingers in width.
- Hats, caps, hoods, sunglasses, headphones, or earplugs are never allowed.