Who: The PALS program (Playing, Adventure, Learning and Sharing) is for children grades K-6. It is for children who need after school care with the following goals:
- Students grow socially, emotionally and physically by participating in recreation activities with their peers.
- Students develop and improve their homework skills to reinforce learning during homework time.
- Students grow academically through inquiry based activities focusing on Science, Math, Language Arts and Technology.
- Students develop good health and nutrition habits through snack and health supervision.
- Students develop strong relationships with excellent mentors (student and teachers)
Where: Our PALS program is located in classrooms throughout SJS and rotates on a monthly basis.
When: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00- 5:30 pm, and Wednesday from 2:15-5:30 on full school days. PLEASE NOTE: PALS does not operate on ½ days or on days when SJS is closed.
Costs: Students are charged a minimum fee of $7.00, regardless of length of stay. After the first hour, fees accrue at $0.12 per minute. In order to sustain this program, we must be able to pay for our teachers in the program. Therefore, all students in the program (regardless of the length of care) must be charged accordingly.