St. Joseph after school PALS program
Who: The PALS program (Playing, Adventure, Learning and Sharing) is for children grades K-6. It is for children who need after school care with the following goals:
- Our students grow socially, emotionally and physically by participating in recreation activities with their peers.
- Our students develop and improve their homework skills to reinforce learning during homework time.
- Our students grow academically through inquiry based activities focusing on Science, Math, Language Arts and Technology.
- Our students develop good health and nutrition habits through snack and health supervision.
- Our students develop strong relationships with excellent mentors (student and teachers)
Where: Our PALS program is located in our 1st grade classrooms. It rotates between each of these classrooms, monthly.
When: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00- 5:30 pm, and Wednesday from 2:15-5:30 on full school days. PLEASE NOTE: PALS does not operate on ½ days or on days when SJS is closed.
Costs: Students are charged a minimum fee of $7.00, after a 15 minute grace period when school is dismissed. At 3:15 pm (2:30 pm on Wednesday) the minimum is charged regardless of the students length of stay. After the first hour, fees accrue at $0.12 per minute. In order to sustain this program, we must be able to pay for our teachers in the program. Therefore, all students in the program (regardless of the length of care) must be charged accordingly.
Registration: Please click on the link below to sign up.
The Summer Discovery Program is for children ages 2 through those entering Fifth Grade.
Summer Discovery Registration (Preschool through grade 5)